09 September 2012

Marshman Practice

I practiced the full Marshman course (minus the swim).  I set up my bike and gear in the field for transition, stripped down to my tri shorts and started at the beach where the swim exits.  The transition went well, my getting strapped into the bike shoes while riding was so-so.  I need to take the extra second to get my first foot fully strapped before taking off.

The ride was good, I slowed down twice because I wasn't sure of two turns.  Overall it took 38:02 which is 1min slower than I need.  Hopefully with others on the course I can lower that by a minute.

The second transition was a little off, I had to put my bike in the car but I felt the time was accurate ~2min, which is about 1 min slower than the last few transitions I did at Marshman.

Run was good - 13:10 which is 30 seconds slower than I wanted but was all I had in the tank.

Total time for the effort was 54:36 and assuming an 8 min swim it will put me around 1:02 min.  Would be happy with that.

No comments: